Nachos have always been a kid friendly finger food. Made to order with their favorite toppings, even the choosiest kid has a chance to embrace their picky side. It is now time to think of nachos as the limitless gluten free, wheat free, awesome dish it is!
(inspired by my dear friend, coastal cousin-thank you!)
- set broiler to high
- 8 cups Corn Chips (less if you are using small chips that fill the measuring cup more densely)
- 2 1/2 cups Shredded cheese
- 1 1/3 cups Dip of Choice (1/3 cup per person)
For Chili Cheese Dog Nachos:
- 1/2 pack of Hebrew National hot dogs (sliced small)
- Your favorite Gluten Free Chili for the dip
- Colby-Jack for your Cheese
*(this recipe is great if you use plain Fritos as the Corn Chips)
For Pizza Nachos:
- 1/2-3/4 pack Pepperonis or Canadian Bacon (these are sometimes large and may require chopping)
- Mozzarella for the Cheese
- Prego Veggie Smart for the dip (no food starch added! Plus it is sweetened with sweet potato, how cool is that?)
Spread Chips on rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with half of your cheese. Sprinkle with other toppings. Top with other half of cheese. Place under broiler until all cheese is melted. Warm your dip of choice. Divide nachos among plates, and dip among small bowls. Serve and enjoy!
There are endless possibilities here, so go for it! Let me know if you and your kids come up with some more great combos.
(tip for gluten free kids: check labels before using a pre-shredded cheese, some of the anti-caking agents may cause gluten free kiddos stomach problems. I prefer to shred my own, it seems to melt better anyway.)